Learn the high-level details of ITIL.
In this course designed specifically for IT and business executives, you will discover how ITIL can help align business with IT, control costs, improve IT service quality, balance resource allocations, and make IT a more enjoyable and stable place to work. Learn from experienced instructors who have led implementations and have the first-hand knowledge and experience to explain the benefits, pros, and cons of ITIL.
What You'll Learn
- ITIL structure - lifecycle phases and processes
- Where ITIL fits within your organization
- Benefits of ITIL
- Benefits others have found from ITIL adoption
- Issues faced by IT executives and their business units
- How IT commoditization offers an opportunity to excel
- How and why achieving strategic benefit requires operational excellence
- Context for adopting ITIL
- Importance of ITIL "complimentary guidance" to your success
- How to implement ITIL the right way
- How to develop your own plan for ITIL adoption
Who Needs to Attend
Anyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All senior technical and non-technical staff, IT project managers, IT managers, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers, planners, managed service providers, and outsourcers.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
Benefits and Features of ITIL
- Brief History of ITIL
- State of IT Today
- The ITIL Lifecycle in Support of Enterprise Success
- ITIL Benefits
- Simplified Guide to Achieving Success with ITIL
- Reasons to Adopt ITIL
- Business and IT Benefits of ITIL Adoption
- Characteristics of ITIL
- ITIL Processes and Functions